Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Christmas time

I thought I would update everyone on how our Christmas alone was since I was somewhat worried about it. It was great! We actually had a lot of fun. Christmas Eve day we built a fantastic snowman in the park and Jett tried to eat his arms off. We went back two days later and it was still there. I was surprised a few punk kids didn't come knock it down, but it held out strong. We painted our bedroom. Well, almost all of it. I still have an accent wall to do, but that should go quick. That night we made a nice steak and potato dinner and played board games until 1:00 a.m.
Christmas day we woke up and read the Christmas story from the bible and then unwrapped gifts. We put a limit on what we were able to spend for each other because our house still needs so many things. It was fun to see what we came up with for our amounts. We cooked a turkey - something I have never even tried to attempt before and we made mashed potatoes. It was pretty good. We did alright. Anyway we had a really good time and I am glad that we did it. It was hard to tell our parents no, but I am sure we wont get that chance anytime soon again so it was a good decision.
Anyway we bought a new camera last week so I will start putting up a few pictures again soon!

5 comments:

The Jenks Fam said...

Glad it went so well. I am hoping in the future our Christmases will be as great! I don't know about cooking a turkey--you are brave!

Jensen Family said...

sounds awesome!! What a great way to spend your first Christmas together!!

Sommers said...

See you next Thursday!! Sorry about this week. I owe you!!

Ashley said...

Holy crap...you cooked a turkey? I'm impressed! I still haven't. Dan is the chef in this house. I wouldn't know what to do with meat if he weren't around. Sounds like it turned out to be a great Christmas.

Anonymous said...

way to spend your first Christmas together- that's awesome! You guys won't ever forget that! You look so pretty, I love your hair.